we can help you
When you need adapted yoga
Do you have back, knee, shoulder or neck problems? Are you recovering from illness or injury? Do you require a little more help to adjust the yoga postures because of a chronic condition? Do you have specific areas in your body that need more attention because they are weak or stiff? Or do you have questions about how you can adapt your yoga practice to your own situation? Then our Special Needs classes (semi-private classes) are for you! You will practice sequences that are specifically tailored to your questions or complaints
We see students in the Special Needs classes who have an injury and want to know how to do yoga and not aggravate the injury – or even help to heal it. And also students with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, MS, Parkinsons or even paraplegics who can do yoga in an apadapted way in a safe and supportive environment in these classes. Some take Special Needs classes for a while to learn how to take care of their needs in the other classes. Others continue to work on their own program in the Special Needs class. All participants work at their own level.
Our yoga school is wheelchair accessible.
What happens in a Special Needs class?
- When you come in, you start with a restorative pose. That way you can ‘land’ for a while. We visit everyone to see how you are doing today and what you need.
- Then the active part of the class starts. You do the series of postures you are working on, or we adjust it based on the previous conversation.
- You work independently where possible and we will work with on one-on-one if necessary to teach you something new, to explain more or to support you.
- We do some poses together with the whole group or with small subgroups.
- Finally, you get enough time for relaxation!
Registration and procedure
- If you think a Special Needs class is for you, please contact us. Let us know why you need Special Needs classes.
- The first class is an intake class. In this intake we take extra time to discuss your situation, and see if we think the special needs classes are suitable for you.
- If so, we monitor during the series of 5 or 10 weeks how it goes, and make adjustments if necessary.
- The maximum number of participants per class is 8. We ask you to confirm or cancel your participation in the class at least 24 hours in advance.
- You can do this yourself online via our schedule if you have a valid class card for the Special Needs classes, or by email or text message.
What does it cost?
A single class or your first ‘intake’. After this you decide if you want to purchase a series of 5 or 10 classes. If you do, we will deduct the price of the trial class.
We recommend that you follow classes in a row as much as possible. Plan your classes via our schedule. The class card is valid for a maximum of 6 months.
We recommend that you follow classes in a row as much as possible. Plan your classes via our schedule. The class card is valid for a maximum of 12 months.