year-long course for the serious yoga student
The next step in your yoga development
The In-Depth Course is an annual program of yoga study and practice, in which we aim to inspire students to develop a deep understanding of the āsanas and prānāyāma, and to deepen their practice and understanding of the “art and science” of Iyengar yoga. When you have a solid foundation in your yoga practice, yoga can become a means to enrich your life, develop healthy relationships and contribute more to the world around us.
4 experienced certified Iyengar yoga teachers will guide you in progressive research of āsana, prānāyāma and the underlying philosophy, basic anatomy and physiology. Each in their own way, based in their own experience. They provide you with practical tools to deepen your Iyengar yoga practice. And give you insight into how yoga can have even more added value for you.
A course day has a theme from philosophy or revolves around the therapeutic application of yoga in which practical anatomy is discussed. You will be given reading assignments and home practice materials so you can expand your own practice at home throughout the course and beyond. The course will provide you with an environment to explore yoga more deeply and can be taken repeatedly, as the teachers will address a wide variety of topics from the rich body of Iyengar yoga. It is also possible to follow separate course days, for example if you have already taken the course. This can give your practice a fresh impulse, or inspire you if you already teach, for example.
If you have the ambition to start teaching, you can strengthen the foundation of your own development and practice in the In-Depth Course. For further information, see the Mentor Program page or contact one of us.
This program is for you if you…
- are looking forward to start or develop your home practice
- want to study āsana and prānāyāma in a way that goes beyond physical exercises or a hobby
- want to live more consciously through yoga
- want to make contact with like-minded people
- have taken Iyengar yoga classes for at least a year – but longer is encouraged
- are looking for inspiration for your practice (or your teaching!)
Course days are on Saturdays or Sundays from 10.00-17.00 with enough time for a lunch break.
Students taking the full course will be given priority. If there is space left, participation on drop-in basis will be possible.
|1||sat 30 sep 2023||Hiske|
|2||sat 14 oct 2023||Kristien|
|3||sun 12 nov 2023||Kerry|
|4||sat 25 nov 2023||Nanda|
|5||sun 10 dec 2023||Hiske|
|6||sun 14 jan 2024||Kristien|
|7||sun 21 jan 2024||Kerry|
|8||sat 3 feb 2024||Nanda|
|9||sun 18 feb 2024||Kristien|
|10||sun 10 mar 2024||Hiske|
|11||sun 24 mar 2024||Kerry|
|12||sun 14 apr 2024||Kristien|
|13||sat 20 apr 2024||Nanda|
|14||sat 11 may 2024||Hiske|
|15||sun 12 may 2024||Kerry|
|16||sun 2 juni 2024||Nanda|
** Data onder voorbehoud van wijzigingen.
- 16 days In-Depth Course: €960 for all classes. It is also possible to pay in 4 termijnen of €245. Payment due 1 october, 1 december, 1 february and 1 april.
- €75 per single day
- We encourage participants in the In-Depth Course to participate in other workshops as well. That is why when purchasing the entire Advanced Course you will receive a special discount on our other workshops (Tally Eldor, Garth McLean and Eyal Shifroni are already scheduled to teach a workshop in 2023/24) – this offers a great opportunity to broaden and expand your studies! Look at the relevant workshops for the special price.
Enroll via Momoyoga. It works like this:
- Create an account with Momoyoga via www.momoyoga.com/iyoga-utrecht.
- Purchase the Advanced Course via the ‘Pricing’ page.
- You can pay directly for the entire year for the entire course via the option ‘Verdiepingscursus 2023-2024’.
- If you want to participate all year round, but want to pay in installments, choose the payment option: ‘Verdiepingscursus 2023-2024 | 4 termijnen’. Paying in installments means that you commit for the whole year. So it is not an option to take 4 classes and pay 1 term. After each ‘block’ of 4 lessons you can purchase the next ‘block’ and register for the next 4 lessons.
- If you don’t want to follow all classes, you can choose to pay per day via the option ‘Verdiepingscursus 2023-2024 | 1 dag’
- If you prefer to pay by debit card or cash in the studio, choose ‘cash‘ or ‘bank transfer‘ in the booking/payment process. You can then pay when you are at the yoga school, but you can register in advance.
- After you have paid, you can register for the course. Note: even if you have bought the entire course, you must register separately for each day! To facilitate that process, the links to the individual days are in the grid above.
Four experienced teachers
Hiske van der Meulen
Kristien van Reusel