Eyal has written numerous books on the way we use props in the Iyengar method (Props for Yoga series, A Chair for Yoga), and a book about the interfaces of Western and Indian philosophy and how they relate to what we do on the mat (The Psychophysical Lab). He teaches all over the world and many love him for his creative teaching and commitment to yoga. He started practicing in 1978 so his practice has a solid foundation.
A computer scientist by training, Eyal is fascinated by the logic and precision of Iyengar Yoga. When he’s not traveling the world, he is the director of the Iyengar Yoga Center of Zichron-Ya’akov (Israël). He loves yoga and hiking and practicing outdoors, combining the two.
We have really enjoyed his gentle, refined and joyful teaching in his previous visits to Utrecht. So set aside this time for yourself to discover ways to deepen your practice and find inspiration. It’s a wonderful opportunity!
If you want to get a taste of his teaching, scroll down to the bottom of this page to see a video, or check out his youtube channel.
Philosophy, props, āsana, prānāyāma
Each day of the course has a theme from yoga philosophy and runs from 10.00-17.00 with time for a lunch break.
- 10 december 2022 – Citta
- 11 february 2023 – Kleshas and Vrttis
- 8 april 2023 – Kriya Yoga
- 9 april 2023 – Ashtanga Yoga
There will be a good mix of active āsana practice, philosophy discussions and time for restoration and prānāyāma.
Full course: €360
Full course Early Bird (book & pay by 1 Nov 2022): €340
Easter weekend: €195
Easter weekend Early Bird (book & pay by 1 Nov 2022): €175
Single day: €99
Registration and payment for this workshop happens through Momoyoga. It may be a little different than you are used to, so please read the text below carefully!
How to Book & Pay
- Create an account at Momoyoga via www.momoyoga.com/iyoga-utrecht.
- Sign up for the workshop date of your choice and purchase the payment option you choose. Choose 10 december 2022 as the starting date if you choose the entire course, or the date you want to register for if you only join part of the course
- When you have paid, you can register for the course. Note: also if you have bought the entire course, you have to register for each day separately. To make this easier, below you find the dates listed. You can click those dates and then sign in for the class if you have first bought the course.
- If you prefer to pay by pin or cash in the studio, of if you want to make a bank transfer without iDeal, choose ‘contant‘ or ‘bankoverboeking‘ in the booking/payment process.