year-long course for the serious yoga student
The next step in your yoga development
We are delighted to offer a year-long programme of yoga study and practice, in which we aim to inspire students to develop a deep understanding of the āsanas and prānāyāma, and to deepen their practice and understanding of the ‘art and science’ of Iyengar yoga. When you have a solid foundation in your yoga practice, yoga can become a means to enrich your life, develop healthy relationships and contribute more to the world around us.
4 experienced certified Iyengar yoga teachers will guide you in progressive research of āsana, prānāyāma and the underlying philosophy, basic anatomy and physiology. They provide you with practical tools to deepen your Iyengar yoga practice. Hopefully this will give you insight in how yoga can be of even more value to you. You will be given reading assignments and home practice materials so you can expand your own practice at home throughout the course and beyond. The course will provide you with an environment to explore yoga more deeply and can be taken repeatedly, as the teachers will address a wide variety of topics from the rich body of Iyengar yoga.
This program is for you if you
- are looking forward to start or develop your home practice
- want to study āsana and prānāyāma in a way that goes beyond physical exercises or a hobby
- want to live more consciously through yoga
- want to make contact with like-minded people
- have taken Iyengar yoga classes for at least a year – but longer is encouraged
For 2022-2023 classes will be on Saturday or Sunday from 10.00-17.00 with enough time for a lunch break. In principle, classes will be in the big room of the yoga school. If necessary, we can teach a hybrid class. It depends on the Corona rules whether that will be the case all year round.
We hope that everyone who wants to can also participate ‘live at school’ But it is possible that the number of places in the yoga school will be limited due to Corona rules. That is why we will give priority to those who pre-register for the entire course. If there is space left, participation on drop-in basis will be possible.
We like to work on the basis of mutual trust and mutual responsibility. If the teachers have Corona-related complaints, we try to arrange for a replacement or we move the lesson online if that is the only option. If participants have symptoms, they can join online from home.
|1||Saturday 1 okt 2022||Hiske|
|2||Sunday 6 nov 2022||Kristien|
|3||Sunday 20 nov 2022||Kerry|
|4||Sunday 4 dec 2022||Nanda|
|5||Sunday 18 dec 2022||Hiske|
|6||Sunday 15 jan 2023||Kristien|
|7||Sunday 29 jan 2023||Kerry|
|8||Sunday 5 feb 2023||Nanda|
|9||Sunday 26 feb 2023||Hiske|
|10||Sunday 12 mar 2023||Kristien|
|11||Sunday 26 mar 2023||Kerry|
|12||Sunday 16 apr 2023||Nanda|
|13||Satuday 29 apr 2023||Kristien|
|14||Sunday 21 mei 2023||Hiske|
|15||Sunday 4 jun 2023||Kerry|
|16||Sunday 11 jun 2023||Nanda|
** Use the links in the schedule above te sign in for the classes, after purchasing the course (scroll to ‘Sign up’ below)
Costs & Combination with Eyal Shifroni
- In 2022-2023 Eyal Shifroni will teach in Utrecht for 4 dagen. Eyal is a senior teacher who has been practicing Iyengar Yoga since 1978 Iyengar Yoga and has been teaching since 1985. Eyal leads the “Iyengar Yoga Center of Zichron-Ya’akov” in Israël and teaches yoga workshops in Israël en around the world. He is the auteur of A Chair for Yoga, Props for Yoga Volumes I – III and The Psychophysical Lab.
- We want to offer the participants of the In-depth course the chance to join Eyal’s classes. This is why we offer a combination package – we think it’s a great opportunity to widen and deepen your studies.
- 16 dagen In-depth Course: €960 for all classes, or €75 per single day.
- Please note: if there are restrictions on the number of participants due to Corona measures, participants in the entire course have priority.
- It is also possible to pay in 4 termijnen of €245. Payment due 1 october, 1 december, 1 february and 1 april.
- 20 days In-depth Course + Eyal Shifroni: €1250
- For participation in individual days at Eyal, see the workshop page.
- You can also pay in 4 installments of €315 for the entire package. Payment due 1 october, 1 december, 1 february and 1 april.
Enroll via Momoyoga. That might work a little differently than you’re used to. So read this text carefully.
To pay, use the payment links below. PLEASE NOTE : you can’t see those in the price list in Momoyoga, but only here on the website. Go through the following steps:
- Stap 1: think about which payment option from the list below you want to use.
- Stap 2: first create an account at Momoyoga via www.momoyoga.com/iyoga-utrecht.
- Stap 3:go to the payment option of your choice via the link below.
- Choose 1 October 2022 as the effective date (ingangsdatum). When paying in installments, second time choose December 1, the third time February 1, and the fourth time April 1. If you pay for one day, choose the date you want to participate.
- If you prefer to pay by pin or cash in the studio, or if you want to make a transfer without iDeal, choose ‘contant’ or ‘bankoverschrijving’. (bank transfer) in the booking/payment process.
- After you have paid, you can register for the course. Note: even if you have bought the entire course, you must register separately for each day! To make that a little easier, the schedule above always contains a link to the lesson of that day.
Four experienced teachers
Hiske van der Meulen
Kristien van Reusel